Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ is now casting background extras. According to Project Casting, casting directors are now casting background extras to work on scenes filming in Auckland, New Zealand.
The casting call is looking for a wide range of types, but according to the report, there is a major emphasis on hair.
Talento talent agency of Auckland, New Zealand shared a casting call for what the Amazon ‘Lord of the Rings’ series is now looking for:
The upcoming Amazon Original series based on THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
We are looking for a mix of people of all ages, genders/other from multi-racial backgrounds with interesting character faces and physicality’s.
These are for Background and Featured Performer roles:
EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
Character Faces (Earthy, Weathered, Dark Skin Tonnes, Missing teeth, Wonderful Noses, etc etc)
Bearded Hairy Biker Men/Woman/Other
Lean Tall Androgynous Looks
Beautiful, Fair Fine boned Faces
TALL People – 6” ++
TALLER People 6”8 ++
Small People – 4”6 to 4”11
Another open casting call by Auckland, New Zealand talent agency BGT shared the following casting call:
1. short people under 4 foot 12
2. Tall people over 6 foot 5
3. Character faces, wrinkles and lots of them please
4. Androgynous men and women
5. Hairy people of all ages and ethnicities
6. Tall, Long Lithe dancers
7. Circus performers who can juggle, stilt walk!
8. Stocky mean-looking bikers
9. Eurasian people of all ages.
10. Hispanic – Latino, Mexican, South American – HOLA
11. Redheads all ages, shapes and sizes.
12. HAIR HAIR HAIR – if you natural red hair, white hair, or lots and lots of freckles.
About ‘Lord of the Rings’:
Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ series was advertised with a five-season order and a chance of a spinoff. It is assumed to be the most extravagant series of all time requiring a billion dollars to produce.
Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ series is set in the Second Age, which is a past period before ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ films.
One of the accounts is Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ series will have 20 episodes in the first season, but that news has yet to be endorsed. That said, not too much knowledge about the show has been released.