Renowned musician and entrepreneur Snoop Dogg, also known as Calvin Broadus, has made a surprising announcement to his 82.5 million Instagram followers: he is giving up smoking marijuana. This decision, discussed with his family, marks a significant change for the rapper, who has long been synonymous with cannabis culture.
- Snoop Dogg announces his decision to quit smoking weed.
- He made the announcement on Instagram to his 82.5 million followers.
- Snoop Dogg has been a prominent figure in cannabis culture, even claiming to have smoked in the White House.
- He has launched several marijuana-related business ventures, including a media company and a line of cannabis products.
- Snoop Dogg also invested in Casa Verde Capital, a firm focusing on marijuana start-ups.
- In 2019, he revealed having a full-time employee for rolling his blunts.
- He once stated on Reddit that he takes 81 smoke breaks a day.
- CNN has reached out to his representative for further comments.
A Shift in Lifestyle
Snoop Dogg’s announcement comes as a shock to many, given his long-standing association with marijuana. He shared this personal decision on Instagram, asking for respect for his privacy during this time.
A History with Cannabis
Snoop Dogg’s relationship with weed has been a significant part of his public persona. He has openly discussed his cannabis use, including a claim of smoking in the White House. His business ventures reflect this interest, with investments in a pot-focused media company, “Merry Jane,” and a line of cannabis products.
Business Ventures in Cannabis
Beyond his personal use, Snoop Dogg has been a key player in the cannabis industry. He invested in Casa Verde Capital, a venture capital firm that focuses on marijuana start-ups, showing his commitment to the business side of cannabis culture.
Personal Staff for Cannabis
In a revelation that made headlines, Snoop Dogg disclosed in 2019 that he employed a full-time staff member solely to roll his blunts. This detail underscored the extent of his involvement with cannabis.
An Iconic Figure in Cannabis Culture
Snoop Dogg’s frequent smoke breaks, which he claimed numbered 81 per day on Reddit, have been part of his iconic image in the entertainment industry. His decision to quit smoking weed thus marks a significant lifestyle change for the rapper.
As the news spreads, fans and the media await further comments from Snoop Dogg’s representatives. This announcement could signal a new chapter for the rapper, both personally and professionally, as he steps away from a habit that has been a defining part of his public image for decades. The impact of this decision on his business ventures in the cannabis industry remains to be seen.